Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:03:47 -0500

At 09:51 PM 9/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Used feathered selections and local level/curve adjustments to
>mimic burning or dodging (the burn and dodge tools are not active with a 16
>bit B&W image.) This makes a big difference in maintaining the lovely
>contrast you are getting from the Leica glass

Do you use the history brush? (Available in Photoshop 5). I find it
invaluable, and much more controllable than the dodge and burn tools. There
are lots and lots of tools in Photoshop that are hardly ever used by
anyone. I learn new things all the time that really make producing high
quality work much easier than it would be in the darkroom. Now to get a
printer that does 30x40! :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity.