Subject: RE: [Leica] camera bag
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:39:49 -0700

Jonathan,

>>Carry your Leica in comfort and style: I vote for the Billingham Alice
bag.
Not cheap (~200 cdn) but beautiful<<

No question about it. I have a Billingham -- not an Alice but a Hadley or
something like that. I can carry two bodies and 5 lenses, yet it doesn't
seem that big. It really protects the equipment inside. It's very
comfortable to carry. As good a choice as buying Leica.

I once owned a bag that was nice looking and very inexpensive. It was a
pain to carry. The strap felt like a band saw blade on my shoulder. The
strap finally broke. I cracked a very expensive filter. Could have been
worse. How much did I really save?

I have a very nice Lowe bag that's small. It holds one M body and two
additional lenses. For some reason it feels heavier than my Billingham
fully loaded. I also have a Tamrac suited for for an SLR. Both the Lowe and
Tamrac were pretty inexpensive and functional. But I still carry my
Billingham 90 percent of the time. Still looks newer than the other two.
Well worth the cost, IMHO.

I've also put together an assortment of little packs and cases from REI
(Outdoor Store). Some are very reasonable. I use belt packs, etc. for
carrying various combinations. I'm going to that more and more. People
mistake you for a hiker who has a camera, rather than a photographer who is
hiking (or in my case, cycling). Sounds odd, I know, but some people get
nervous around photographers.

Dave