Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #49
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 22:33:56 -0700

Summicron1@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/99 7:36:44 PM, you wrote:
>
> <<
> At 12:31 PM 9/7/1999 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >I had not great love for Lady Di either><Snip>  and lets her driver floor it as a
> >matter of course.
>
> I don't know that we have the evidence to back this assertion up.  I don't
> recall the bodyguard recalling this.
>
> Marc>>
>
> if you guys are going to start debating the di death then I want to reserve
> the next four digests, in toto, for my views on the kennedy assasination.
>
> You see, I WAS the man on the grassy knoll.
>
> seriously folks -- kill this thread now.
>
> ctrentelman

c!
When Kennedy died I don't recall anyone thinking let alone everyone thinking
that it was the PHOTOGRAPHERS that did it or were at fault. I am a photographer.
I shoot pictures of people. I am glad my profession has been "cleared" from this
widely publicized and historic incident which clearly involves many basic legal
and moral issues also of special interest to photographers and photography:
Freedom of the press, privacy issues are all integrally entwined here.
And I am resentful that Photographers were put in question in the first place.
If the relevance of this escapes you than hit the delete button when you see
issues that pertain to doing photography in the real world and go play with your
expensive cameras in your cloistered walls.
Mark Rabiner