Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Hasselblad
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 11:38:18 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/99 3:24:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mrabiner@concentric.net writes:
>
> << I'm sure if Hasselblad made a 6 by 7 Anne and Herb would use
>  it. They're not fools. We need to keep in mind that 6 by 7 looks a whole lot
>  bigger on the light table than 6 by 6 >>
>
> I have a Hasselblad but almost never use it anymore since I picked up a
> Horseman VH-R . Imagine a 6x9cm Leica M (coupled rangefinder, multi-frame
><Snip>  As a Leica user that camera feels very natural to me.  I use it for
> landscapes but it could easily be used handheld...something that can't be
> said for the Blad or the RB.

A Blad is a 3.25 inch cube. Half the size of a stupid Rb and twice as elegant.
On several occasions I've walked around with one in a small bag all day.
An 80 mm lens and a folding finder. Meter-crank. Handy dandy.
Often seen in the hands of underage undernourished overnicotined fashion models.
Mark Rabiner