Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Hasselblad
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:18:28 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
 <snip> could easily be used handheld...something that can't be
 > said for the Blad or the RB.

 A Blad is a 3.25 inch cube. Half the size of a stupid Rb and twice as
elegant.
 On several occasions I've walked around with one in a small bag all day.
 An 80 mm lens and a folding finder. Meter-crank. Handy dandy.
 Often seen in the hands of underage undernourished overnicotined fashion
models.
 Mark Rabiner

The problem handholding the Blad isn't the size or weight, it's the KA-THUNK.
 Fine with flash.  In ambient light I can't get acceptibly sharp handheld
images from the Blad even at 1/500.  In contrast I can handhold my Rollei TLR
down to 1/60.  The Horseman is good to about 1/125 (1/250 with the 150 and
180 lenses).  In point of fact, though, my images from the M6 often surpass
the MF images because I can open the lens wider and still get decent DOF and
the lenses perform superbly at those apertures, allowing me to shoot handheld
at 1/250-1/500 with any lens.  I did notice after my last trip with the M6
that shots with the Table Tripod braced against anything solid showed a
marked improvement over handheld no matter what the shutter speed.  The tiny
print on signs was always sharper.