Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X vs Delta 3200 test results
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 11:58:49 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> Benefitting from having two M6s and being able to shoot two films under identical circumstances, I recently compared Delta 3200 to Tri-X. Both films were exposed at an e.i of. 1600 because the French magazine Réponses Photo found there was a loss of shadow details if Delta 3200 was exposed at 3200 or higher.
><Snip>

Nice report!
But maybe two stops is too much for Tri X even in Xtol? Maybe shooting it at 800
or even 1200 would give full shadow detail. When you said that the shawdow
detail with the trix was thin at 1600  how thin? Can the film be really rated
that high or not? Or is it a "pushed" speed which kisses off adequate shadow
detail? Will dirty blondes look like brunettes?
Mark Rabiner