Subject: [Leica] Leica/Olympus
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:08:08 -0400

<<. . .reflex project...the OM bodies are, after all, pretty close to being
the M's of the reflex world, at least in terms of size, etc...Okay, there
are some QC issues. . .>>>>

I keep seeing references to OM quality and reliability. Other than the
battery drain problems with some Om4's (fixed in the T's), I have never
had a failure, repair, CLA, adjustment, etc. on any of the four OM's I
use (and have used - heavily -for over 20 years). But then again, I may just
be lucky.

(A few years ago I decided to take the plunge and add the Leica R system to
my M system. The first two R7's I purchased - new, grey - were defective.)

sam alexander