Subject: [Leica] Leica R vs. Contax SLR lenses
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:03:14 -0400

<<. . .If you are thinking of switching, don't do it.  You will regret it.
I switched once and now, thousands of dollars later, I am back with Leica
(I think I used Contax for less than a year.)

Best regards,

Jay Coleman >>

Based on my personal experience owning and using both Contax and Leica
slr's, I would (and did) take a Contax RTSIII (or even an RX) over an R8.
While some switches are small, they work smoothly and with precision. They
are all logically placed and well designed. Handle one and you'll see
(PLUS they have working built-in motor drives!). As far as the glass
. . .both Leica (50, 100APO and 180/3.4APO) and Contax (45, 60macro and
180/2,8) satisfied my requirements (which probably differ from yours).

The Leica M system, on the other hand, has always been, IMO, peerless.

sam Alexander