Subject: Re:[Leica] Minilux quality & value?
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:11:37 -0400

>How is the Leica Minilux regarded in comparison with other P&S cameras?
>My wife smashed her Nikon a few days ago and is looking for something to
>replace it -- zoom not required.

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble

I had a p/s - the Contax T2 - and I've never really gotten any opinions on
it to see if I'm seeing things..?  It was outstanding - I had many-a-time
confused which pics were taken with that. It also feels about just right.
It's got the minimal manual override, enough for a p/s.  It's a (38? - can't
recall...) 2.8 and the red * is much more low key.  Anyway that thing
dropped about 4ft. on the concrete parking lot.  For some reason I just
picked it up like I dropped my keys.  Seemed natural and common.  A bit
later I pondered the effect.  Looked at the camera and found a tiny ding
above the flash.  Never noticed anything wrong with it!  It worked just
fine.  So I guess this is a good word on that one.