Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R Future
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:46:08 -0500

At 10:29 AM 9/6/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Leica's response will indeed be the rumored SM camera
>with an improved range finder, built in metering with TTL...anything else?

There is no way they're going to do that. If they do, I'll eat a lens cap!

>You know Stephen, in this era of mega-mergers amongst unlikely
>partners, would it be completely crazy to wonder about Nikon and Leica
>doing something together...Leica using Nikon's improved rangefinder with
>zoom and producing an entirely new M line?

Now that's an intriguing idea. But I'd say go with Canon. Better technology
( IS and more mature USM motors). Canon could take a lesson from Leica on
rugged lenses throughout the whole line.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"