Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder woes.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:48:14 -0500

At 07:24 AM 9/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The power pack unit seems to make the winder run faster than lithium
>batteries but you do have to make sure it's a "drain and re-build" charging
>to keep it running well. Be interesting to see how it works with the motor.

Ted,

I just make sure on the 1st of every month I do it. That's all there is to
it to keep it from doing that. And ALWAYS drain first. You'd think they'd
be using NiMH batteries like the F5, but nooooo, Leica's still in the 80s! :-)

Motor? Soon. If they don't have a motor by the end of the year, I'll eat a
steak. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"