Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 08:30:53 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:

>Well, maybe it is not to late for some clever marketing for the R8. How
>about for anybody who attends the upcoming LHSA meeting in Chicago; Buy any
>R lens and get a R8 body for free. Might work.>>>>>>>

Steve,
Great idea, heck they could say "Buy a lens and get a body for $500.00!"
wouldn't be unreasonable.

But like I said, Leica isn't that bright! It's known in marketing that
"lost Leaders" are a big gimmick to get customers in the store, and they
nearly always end up buying far more than they planned, so the result of
selling an R8 body for $500.00 means (some economic cost recovery) and
there would be more income available incentive to purchase an extra lens or
two.

They're still not bright enough to see it, even at a function like the LHSA
convention.  Or at my Leica seminar/workshop next month in Kennebunkport,
Maine.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant