Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder woes.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 07:24:40 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:
>Do you have the battery pack for it? Solved that problem for me. I
>discharge/recharge it once a month. And it works flawlessly. Worth the
>money.>>>

Eric,

No question about that one. It seems it really locks onto the "nicad
memory" thing if you do not discharge it completely. I hadn't had one quit
on me until the other day. That was my own fault for not dis-charging and
re-building the prower level from a completely empty power pack.

The power pack unit seems to make the winder run faster than lithium
batteries but you do have to make sure it's a "drain and re-build" charging
to keep it running well. Be interesting to see how it works with the motor.

Motor? What's that?  Motor? :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant