Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:58:30 -0400

Elliot-
Interesting--- That other manufacturers 'give' away cameras. I remember
asking a physician if Tylenol tm was all that good, since they advertise
that more hospitals use Tylenol tm than any other pain medication... He said
that was because they gave more of it to the hospitals than other pain
reliever manufacturers!
I don't doubt that the more a manufacturer tries to get its equipment into
the hands of photographers, the more it will sell- it seem intuitive that if
a pro uses his Nikon at work, then he will use it for his private kit as
well, simply because it would be convenient! It follows that the 'amateur'
will want to use what the 'pros' use, and the makers advertise to that end.
Dan