Subject: Re: [Leica] Rebuild my R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:47:35 -0500

At 09:50 AM 9/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I am beginning to wonder if the 24 might not be a
>better choice~ Any thought, personally? and input from users of both would
>be most welcome!

I love the 24mm focal length. Just the right amount of angle for a lot of
in-close shooting on the fly. Great depth of field. I'm not sure I'd like
it on a rangefinder, but I love it on an SLR. I'm betting Leica is going to
be coming out with a new one in the not-too-distant future for the R
system, so I'm holding off. And the 19, though it's a bit wide for some
stuff, is a good alternative during the interim.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"