Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 23:36:50 -0500

At 09:49 PM 9/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>My point is that there *may* be a difference in quality between Leica
>lenses made in a Leica factory versus Leica lenses made in a non Leica
>factory.

You are right. This has been pretty well discussed. Though the
Kyocera-built lenses are really good, they aren't quite up to the current
stuff coming out of Germany and Canada. And the Minolta-based lenses do
show a bigger difference. But they still are pretty much made to Leica's
specifications. And darned good lenses. I used to have the 24 Elmarit R. I
always liked it a lot. But I'm a user.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"