Subject: Re: [Leica] success RATIOS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:28:38 -0500

At 11:02 PM 9/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thems strong words Eric!!! I heard a long talk given by Jay to the Portland
>branch of the MPA and he didn't strike me as a guy would need to get shots
>from
>another guys trash. Is this what Pete told you personally.

No, no, no, no! IT was Jay Maisel who was having his chromes stolen out of
his garbage. He finally started throwing his outtakes into a bank vault
just to keep them from being used. American Photo, I belive, did a portrait
of him swimming in the piles of slides in the vault.

Maybe Pete Turner did too, but I remember Jay Maisel being the
well-publicized victim.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"