Subject: Re: [Leica] SL vs SL2 for long lenses
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:08:46 -0400

Bud-
Well, my SL-Mot that I got around 1979, used, had to have a new prism a
couple of years ago; the silvering was coming off, and I had the CLA done as
well- and like you, I have more in it than I'll ever get out if I tried to
sell it, but then, I'd never get as nice a camera for what I paid- and since
it'll outlast me, I ain't squealing too much!
I, like you, seem to prefer an uncluttered viewfinder! I sold the R7 because
there was all kinds of lights going off in there, and since I wasn't into
all the AE stuff, it distracted the dickens out of me! I am trying an R6
which I like a lot- the metering reminds me of the M6 and the viewfinder is
not too cluttered, and it's mechanical, so if I forget a battery or two, I
can still make camera like noises, and expose film!
The spot metering I admit, I had to get used to; I still use a Gossen Luna
Pro that is older than dirt, and two Weston Master V meters - After so many
years, they are just like extensions of my hands and it's easier to use than
learn a new system!
PS-  Who is Omar Cook, ( It's not Omar the Tentmaker, who makes my
shirts....)and what is an ABC'er?