Subject: Re: [Leica] fb vs rc
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:08:57 -0700

Guy Bennett wrote:

> dan and marc,
>
> thanks for the responses. in fact, 'my brand' has been ilford mgiv fb
> glossy, and i have stuck to it, expermenting only with the same paper in
> matt finish (which gives an interesting, but quite different effect). i'm
> going to try one of the semi-glossy rc papers just for the hell of it, and
> will report my impressions.
>
> guy

A friend of mine uses mat surface to great effect. Every time I play with and I
come back to my darkroom the next day to look at my prints it's like a black
hole swallowed them up. They dry down 2 stops darker and two grades softer that
they started out wet. It's hard to compensate enough for this effect. And your
tonal range from black to white is way compressed because your black is middle
grey to start out with.
Mark Rabiner