Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT- More eBay idiocy!
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:04:50 +0000

>Roger writes:
>

>A dealer offered a new 15mm Voigtländer with warranty etc. It
>closed at $610.00 from a buyer in Cayman Is.  Good grief, they're $449.00
at B
>& H and $499.00 at Tamarkin!
>Guess the 'fever' got him.
>________
>
>It gets better than that.  A Kaiser Flash adapter for the M1-M2-M3 just sold
>for $43.99 with 11 bids.  I just bought a couple from B & H for $8.99 each.
>We are probably looking at this wrong.  If I start buying them for $8.99 and
>selling them for $43.99, I can probably finance my monthly amateur film,
paper
>and chemical orders.
>
>Regards, Bill Larsen

I am beginning to wonder whether the *act of bidding* is in itself an
addiction, an obsession or some form of psychiatric disorder.  Similarly we
now know that compulsive gambling is a form of mental illness.

It does not matter what these people bid for but the chase, the
anticipation and the final (even ridiculous) bid to win might release
gallons of adrenaline needed to sustain what's worth living for.  Then it
starts all over again.

Dan K.
      'It seems easier for one poor father to provide for five children, than
 for five rich children to provide for one poor father' - A Dutch proverb.