Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Film
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:57:19 +0000

I used lots of D400 at one and souped it in various concontions (Rodinal,
Ilford Plus, Kodak HC-110B, and finally XTOL).  It is certainly a fine
grained film compared to Tri-X.  Other than its fine grain attribute, I
found that it is just another fine grain film which lacked the kind of
personality and chracteristics that I like in B^W films.

I eventually found it in Ilford HP5+ when souped in XTOL.  The grain may be
more obvious when you loked for it but the "smooth roundness"
chracteristics of the HP5+ grain is hard to beat.  It sorts of grows on you
the more you looked at it.

Dan K.
      'It seems easier for one poor father to provide for five children, than
 for five rich children to provide for one poor father' - A Dutch proverb.