Subject: [Leica] THANKS! From Dr. Blacktape and B.D.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:02:02 -0000

Over time I will respond privately to those of you who were so kind as to
offer your wishes, best and otherwise!;-)

I want to take this opportunity to say, briefly, that I really was
overwhelmed both by the number of those of you who sent best wishes, and who
some of you were...Folks whom on occasion the good doctor may have
"disagreed" a tad with. This list really is an amazing little experiment in
instant universal community of one sort or another....It is, quite frankly,
the only thing I would really miss if I had to give up the internet...

NOW..onto the IMPORTANT STUFF...

I hate question like this, but I'll pose it anyway:

Suppose you already had a 35 1.4 and a 90 f.2...You could add either a 21
ASPH and a 24ASPH....a 21 ASPH, or a 24ASPH, AND a 75 Summilux. You shoot
virutally all b&w...all available light...all people, much of it in tight
surroundings,....which would you chose and why? (I have used a 21
extensively, love it, do get enormous use out of it, but find it a bit
extreme at times. I have owned a Nikon 24 and used it extensively, but found
at time it wasn't quite wide enough...Which means, do I go for the two
wides, and say to hell with the 75? Or do I add that fabulous 75 with it's
extra stop, and settle on one super wide?...Help Me Before The Insurance
Check Comes!

B. D.