Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica v Nikon
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:48:06 -0600

At 05:21 AM 23/08/99 -0400, Jay wrote:
>M lenses too.  Thank you for summing up what the rest of this list can't
>seem to grasp.  I had Nikon years ago.  I had heard about Leica and
>wanted to see if there really was a difference.  Yes, there is.  Since
>then (despite a brief detour to Contax) I have not looked back.

I thought it was all part of the mystique and mythology too, until I saw
that _other people_ could see the difference in Leica transparencies
projected on a screen.  That removed my own personal bias.
   Besides, the F5 just has too many darned buttons, controls and custom
functions.  I need something much simpler to use, so that I can think about
more important things instead of trying to figure out what the buttons do
and how to plug the camera into a computer to change custom functions, or
where I put the owner's manual so that I can look up how to use one of
those seldom-used doo-hickies.  The simplicity of the M system gives me
time and freedom to think photographically, instead of technically, if that
makes sense to anyone else.