Subject: [Leica] Germany made or Canada made ?
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:15:09 -0400

The point is that a salesperson in Buenos Aires says that canadian
lenses and cameras are as good as german ones. I do doubt on this point.
Sincerely donīt know actually why but I do doubt about this point.
<<<

Sure, the German cameras and lenses are every bit as good as the Canadian
ones.   The Canadian facility was the origin for many of the legengary
lenses of the present and recent past but this in no way casts a negative
light on German production :-)

I know you asked if the Canadian equipment is as good as the German Leica
stuff but I like to turn the question around because there should be no
thought of the place of origin determining the quality of Leica equipment.
If it meets Leica specs I don't care if it's made in Portugal, Austria,
Germany, Canada, Japan or anywhere else.

Doug Herr
Sacramento