Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 ASPH & Finder
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:29:00 -0700

Henry Ambrose wrote:
><snip>
> Kodachrome:
>
> I have not tried any Kodachrome for many years - too much trouble.
> I shot one roll each of 25, 64, 200 and sent it off last Monday to The
> New Lab in San Francisco. Got it back on Thursday. The film is beautiful.
>
> The downsides are the cost and time factors - 4 days and about $20.00
> shipping expenses plus processing fees. I can't see using the film for a
> job and only rarely for myself given this situation.
>
> I can get E6 processed in 2 hours and only one block from my studio.
>
> Is Kodak trying to kill Kodachrome?  Whats the deal?
>
> Henry Ambrose

I think many of the better art directors are still impressed by the sound of the
word "Kodachrome." It still has an impressive "quality" sound to it and I know
that for many on this list the sound is "inconveniently archaic" to which I say mubdestygca!!!.
The fact that it has to not be a "rush" job would often make it not a cheap job.
For me it's a matter of how tested out am I. Do I need to see a test roll of
something a day before the shoot?
I usually do.
Mark Rabiner