Subject: Re: Kodachrome and E-6 (was Re: [Leica] 24 ASPH & Finder)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:52:03 -0700

Ericplatt@aol.com wrote:

> Where can you get E-6 processed in two hours?  In Minnesota everyplace I've
> checked has been 5 days minimum.  I can actually go to the same store, have
> them mail Kodachrome to Rochester, and get it back quicker.  My best
> turnaround on that has been three days.  Often I'll have to wait a week or
> more to get E-6 developed.
>
> Also, and this maybe only pertains around here, but Kodachrome is usually
> cheaper to develop than any E-6 formulation.
>
> As to the Kodachrome formulation.  Most of the serious railroad photographers
> I know use Kodachrome exclusively.  First off, they find it is still the most
> "neutral" for large objects such as trains.  Second, many of them are worried
> about longevity.  There is a huge market out there for original railroad
> slides done on Kodachrome.  And if a person is buying, they are going to be
> worry if the image will still be there in 50 to 60 years.
>
> Eric Platt

They've got faster snowmobiles in Rochester than in Minnesota would be my guess!!!
If turn-around were in issue you wouldn't be living in Minnesota would you?
To get E6 in 2 hours you need a town with buildings which are five or six levels
high and elevators.
Or you'd have a snowmobile made by Lockhead or Boeing!!!
Mark Rabiner
Kodachrome rules!!!!!