Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Monaghan's on AF lenses..BSHIT!:)
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:57:50 -0700

Rob McClure:
> I was just thinking (a scarey thought)  Does anyone want to talk
> about great bicycles?  I have three Cannondales...

Harumph. You asked for it.

Shimano = Canon; STI = autofocus; Aluminum/carbon = disposable...
Mavic = Zeiss/Contax; Campy = Leica...

...and a handbuilt *steel* frame is what you Leica users really
ought to be riding. Just acquired my fourth one yesterday, a
*beautiful* Swiss-made, Reynolds 531 racing frame made in about
1974. It's a restoration project and will be rechromed, repainted
[I've got a line on original decals :-)], and equipped with
period-proximal campy/mavic/stronglight/TA stuff and SEW-UP
TIRES - *not* clinchers.

[Aside, to Walt Delasandri: still looking for mid-70s Campy parts?
If so drop me a line.]

- -Alexey