Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Monaghan's on AF lenses..BSHIT!:)
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:01:45 -0700

>>Isn't the V35 autofocus??? ;)<<

Yes. As are the older enlargers, slide projectors, older p&s cameras, and
the current Minilux, Minilux Zoom, and the Z2X.

On a more serious note, what's wrong with discussing the competition? If we
turn into a group of individual topic police, there will be more traffic in
name calling, and mud-slinging than ever before. There is simply no way that
every post will appeal to everyone's interests.

It always seems that those who complain the loudest are often those who have
led the group on long excursions into their own favorite non-Leica
territories.

Not that I'm complaining. I've always felt that the purpose of this group is
to facillitate communication between those who use, or would like to use,
Leica products. This means M cameras, R cameras, older SLRs, screw-mount
cameras, digital cameras, enlargers, slide projectors, binoculars,
microscopes, spotting scopes, not to mention accessories for all of the
above and the techniques involved in their use.

I believe that everyone should post whatever they feel like posting. I have
a delete key and it works just fine. The easiest way to express your dislike
or disgust with a posting is to ignore it. Nothing dies quicker than someone
who is trying to stir up a ruckus but can't find any takers.

When you think about it, what is the alternative? A board of censors?
Approved and disapproved topics? Correct and incorrect opinions?

There are always going to be conversations here that don't interest me.
That's no surprise considering the breadth of discussion. I don't, however,
think that because they don't hold my interest that they don't belong.

Bryan