Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Newbie Leica questions...buy new!
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:19:59 -0700

Jim,

>>This is not because I like to throw away money, but
because I have personally had so many out-of-the-box defects in my new Leica
equipment.  <<

Perhaps if you bought used you'd get equipment that already had the
"out-of-the-box defects" worked out.

In the past 20 years or so I think I've bought six M bodies and nine lenses
and with the exception of the recent purchase of a 35 Summicron ASPH, every
piece was purchased used. Never had a problem with anything when I bought
it.

Bryan