Subject: [Leica] Uniform Ground Glass
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 21:45:14 -0700

Julian  wrote:
>With regard to your use of matt screens on the SLR.  Does it work out well
>with focal lengths of 35mm or 50mm--and in dim light, such as an indoor
>living room?
>
>Thanks

- -------------

Julian:

I have trouble with the all matte (Uniform Ground Glass) R-screen when
indoors AND using my 35~70 f3.5 Vario-Elmar.  It's a bit dim & a trifle
hard to focus. But my 90 Summicron and (GASP!) Tamron 24/2.5 both provide
sufficiently bright viewing and easy focusing under lighting that requires
the use of flash.

Outdoors, even in the deepest dusk, they all work great!

Try it.  You'll like it!

David Young,     | A man who gives in when wrong, is wise.
Victoria, CANADA | A man who gives in when right, is married.