Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to digital
From: jon honeyball <jhoneyball@woodleyside.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:33:08 +0100

Hi Simon

For printing, the Epson 1200 is v hard to beat. It connects via parallel
port or USB, so thats no problem

For scanning, I use the excellent Nikon Coolscan 3. This connects via a SCSI
card in your PC.

Cost of both together is under 1000 pounds.

Memory -- the more, the merrier. At around 60 pounds per 128Mb DIMM, it is
not expensive to fit -- you will need custom memory for your old laptop
however.

Disc space -- more the merrier applies again. A 25Gb IDE hard disc is around
200 pounds.

How much of both? Well a full res scan on the Nikon is about 28Mb. Photoshop
likes 4x picture size in available ram, so that gives you a working ram
size. Paintshop Pro gets away with less.

If you want an example of a Noctilux + M6HM (yes, the one you sold me :-))
let me know and I will print out some a4 and a3 sheets and post them to you

Regards,

Jon