Subject: Re: [Leica] CLE repair
From: Robert Hudyma <rhudyma@netcom.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:23:47 -0400

>Any votes on where to send a CLE, the cell is gone and it could use a cla.
>Somewhere in the states would be the simplest.
>thanks
>dp
>
>Here in Australia, and in Japan I was told that there was no hope of
>repair. I hope you can find parts, but as soon as the meter began to play
>up on mine, I entered the world of Leica rangefinders. At least they can be
>repaired and are still supported by the maker. Sad because the CLE was one
>of the best little cameras I've ever used.

The CLE is by far my favourite camera to use. And is worth the extra effort
to keep it going.

Many parts in the CLE are used in the (if I recall correctly) Minolta XG-8
SLR. If the part you need is in the XG-8 then you are in luck since a beat
up body should not cost a lot and should not be that difficult to find.

I am sure that there are some local repair individuals who have had
experience on the Minolta SLR's and they should be able to look after you.

Good luck.

Robert Hudyma, Semi-Tech Corporation, 2800 14th Avenue, Suite 511,
Markham Ontario, Canada  L3R 0E4.  Fax: (905) 475-3652
Email: rhudyma@netcom.ca

The distinction between past, present and future is only an illusion, even
if a stubborn one. - Albert Einstein