Subject: [Leica] Leica 280 2.8 versus Canon 300 2.8, a challenge
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:22:14 -0300

I have posted a web page with two soccer pictures, one taken with a Canon
300 2.8 EOS and EOS 1n with the other taken with a Leica 280 2.8 and R8.
Why don't we do a survey and see if people can tell which is the Leica
shot.  Both were done on the same film (RSX 100 II) and in the evening.
One is on grass, the other on artificial turf and no direct sun.  If you
click on the images, they will bring up a larger image.  Pay attention to
detail in the black shorts.  Is the Leica picture the one on the left or
the right?

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Misc.htm

The train pictures on the top of the page were both taken with the 180 APO
Summicron on the older and less sharp RSX 100 film.

Regards,

Robert