Subject: Re: [Leica] Universal focusing screen
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:31:40 -0300

Anderson:

The Leica no 3 screen, all microprism, is actually a microprism circle
where the universal has the split image and microprism donut.  The rest of
the screen is plain ground glass.  I think Leica's description is a little
misleading.  I have seen one of the #3 screens and it works very good with
fast lenses.  I am about to order the #3 and #4 (grid line)  screens for my
R8s, as the standard is not great with longer or slower lenses.

Regards,

Robert