Subject: Re: [Leica] E. Europe/Leicas
From: "Max" <max_ytong@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:07:37 +0200

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <InfinityDT@aol.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 4:20 PM
Subject: [Leica] E. Europe/Leicas

| I'm back from 2 wks in eastern Europe, happy to report that my 2 M6's and
| lenses functioned perfectly and returned intact.

 | As a somewhat-collector and avowed camera-nut, I of course had my eyes
peeled
| on the hordes of tourists.  I did not see even one single M Leica.  |

Hi,

I live in France and travel for my business in East Europ and Russia and
that's true, you don't see very often people with Leica M
First of all the price : common tourists use P&S or SLR.
Maybe because it's unsafe to show an expensive camera and it's not in the
philosophy of the M to be seen or heard.
I mostly carry my M6 under my vest or in a cheap plastic bag (in Russia).

Max