Subject: Subject: [Leica] 28 pc
From: MC Lau <mclau@pc.jaring.my>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:19:58 +0800

TSL wrote:-

> The R 28 elmarit pc - I miss my old 28...  Any comments - opinions,  if the
> pc is worth the extra bucks (as opposed to the newest 28R)?.  I've never
> used the 28pc.
> Thanks...

Just received my 28 PC SA last week and the test slides came back
yesterday.

First impression, a dream lens for those who are interested in
architecture.  I am getting this lens to prepared for my trip to
Uzbekistan to capture the amazing Islamic architectures.

On exposure, the TTL meter seems to underexpose half to one stop when
reading was taken in the shifted position.  The manual, only warns
against over-exposure when the lens is down shifted in excess of 9.5mm.

J. Eastland, did suggested in general that exposure should be increased
by half to one stop when metered thro' the lens.

Any comments from other users?

BTW, at 3,300DM, I was told it is about the same price as the 28 elamrit
R  in the States.

MC Lau