Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 thoughts
From: "Max" <max_ytong@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:12:08 +0200

Hi Ted,

| Why? I really don't know, it just seems the M is B&W and the R is colour.
| And this has developed from use and results more than any hypothetical
| thing.

OK with that, I mostly take BW and have also a good Focomat 1a with Focotar
and Elmar.
In fact I travel for my business in Russia, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan,
Turkmenistan etc.. and I feel OK with my M6+35mm in one pocket and my T5 in
the other. Nobody takes care, I go very close to people, no problem, I don't
look like a tourist or Rambo ;-)

I am affraid that with a R8 in my pocket I will look very sexy ;-))

I had an EOS 50e (Rebell ?) but I don't like game boys, when you forget the
user manual and something is blinking you take off the battery and hope that
everything is restored. No really I like rustical things.
I took some dias with my M6, ...sure a R or any japanese SLR is easyer to
use...but I prefer BW

| We are nevertheless on the same wave length, Harley's and Leica. But the
| Bison you're on your own my friend. :) They're really big mothers!:)
| ted

I never touched a Bison ...but big mothers sometimes ;-) (not so big but so
hairy)

Max (Mulhouse - France)