Subject: [Leica] Re: Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:05:46 -0700

On 14 Aug 99, Gwpics@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> As we say in England, isn't it 'Horses for courses'?   And has this horse
> run it's course?
>
> Gerry

Yep, but photographers are like Columbus. They have to
'rediscover America'. It falls to every generation to revisit the
format battlegrounds.

Me? I absolutely swoon over the jet black blacks, the stark white
whites and the endless, seamless grey tones in between;
punctuated by the razor like detail born of the LF and early/late
cross lighting produced by the likes of Adams, Weston et al.

Problem is that I'm lazy and lack the attention span necessary to
even attempt similar work. Consequently, I pop around making
myself happy merely documenting what I see with the best
instrument available for the patience challenged - LEICA!

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    The strength and power of despotism
    consists wholly in the fear of resistance.
               -- Thomas Paine