Subject: RE: [Leica] Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 06:59:48 -0700

During a couple of slide competitions at the Ottawa Camera Club last year I
had the opportunity to see 35mm and 2 1/4 slides projected to the same size
(maybe 4'x6' vs 6'x6') on a glass-bead screen.  Ektagraphic for the 35mm,
Rollei for the MF.  There was no discernable difference in image quality.
The MF shots were all losers due to static compositions and boring subject
matter.

While I agree that in prints the quality differences can be readily
apparent, I have yet to be convinced by projection.

Paul Chefurka