Subject: RE: [Leica]Re: Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:56:22 -0700

> >I feel that the point that the article (and, in turn,Tina)
> was trying to make
> >is that you are far more likely to capture the character and
> ambience of your
> >subject using a discrete 35mm camera (such as the Leica) than using a
> >Hasselblad or 5" x 4" camera.   And just try shooting sport
> on either of the
> >others!

I saw a story a few years ago about a fellow who was shooting motor racing
with a 'blad and the longest lenses they made (and a 45 degree prism).
While the images were perfectly acceptable, it put me in mind of the line
about the dancing bear - the wonder is not that he dances so well, but that
he dances at all!

Paul Chefurka