Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW Leica screw,,Really?
From: "Greg.Chappell@nationsbank.com" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:56:04 -0500

Absolutely it will work. When they came out with the M's in 1954, it was
designed exactly 1mm longer. That enabled them to market adapters so people
could us their screw mount lenses on the new cameras. You can use old Leica
screw mount lenses on these new cameras from Cosina.  You can even get an
entire set of non-Leica screw mount adapters today for about $100 a set.
That's how these new screw 21 & 28 lenses from Adorama work on both M and
screw mount cameras. You may be surprised how many users of M cameras who
use screw mounts will be interested in these new lenses. I'll probably go
for the 50 Summicron myself.

Greg