Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: A Challeng
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 00:42:27 -0400

On 4 Aug 99, Mark Rabiner wrote, at least in part:

> Roger Beamon wrote:
> >
> > On 4 Aug 99, Jim Brick wrote, at least in part:
> >
> > > I predict that if such a "week" happened, it would be the slowest LUG
> > > week ever. Everyone would think that the LUG is broken.><snip>
> > I like the Leica-Users List also, but not because of the intelligence
> > level which I, frankly, think is no higher than other lists, merely more
> > voluble!
> >
> > Folk interested in niche products tend to talk at greater length
> > about them than those interested in the garden variety items.
> > Besides, most C----, N---- and M------ users are out
> > photographing and not trying to convince the world of the
> > legitimacy of their pets.
> ><snip>
> > Roger
> ><snip>
> What a pain in the ass thing to say! We're not smarter, just angrier and
> more insecure. I'm sure we are all glad you enjoy our company! Lugnuts are
> trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient,
> cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. And If you don't think so
> join another paramilitary organization. Mark Rabiner

<<Mark, take a bit more time in what you quote. It's difficult above
to understand to whom you're responding. If it is me, then you're
putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about Leica-Users List
subscribers being angry or insecure. I didn't even remotely imply
such. Strictly your inference, old boy, and that smacks of anger
and insecurity.

*Another* paramilitary organization? There, you are clearly
implying that this is one. I think not!>>

You applauded other camera users and denounced Leica Users as 'trying to
convince' and clearly implied that we treat our Leica stuff like pets who
need some sort of dog show to be loved so we would feel good ourselves.
This was easily prone to inference.  Also you did seem to reassure us that
we have your 'applause'! And, what I think triggered the initial response is
that you used the word 'frankly'!