Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: A Challenge
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:53:01 -0700

On 4 Aug 99, Mark Rabiner wrote, at least in part:

> Roger Beamon wrote:
> >
> > On 4 Aug 99, Jim Brick wrote, at least in part:
> >
> > > I predict that if such a "week" happened, it would be the slowest LUG
> > > week ever. Everyone would think that the LUG is broken.><snip>
> > I like the Leica-Users List also, but not because of the intelligence
> > level which I, frankly, think is no higher than other lists, merely more
> > voluble!
> >
> > Folk interested in niche products tend to talk at greater length
> > about them than those interested in the garden variety items.
> > Besides, most C----, N---- and M------ users are out
> > photographing and not trying to convince the world of the
> > legitimacy of their pets.
> ><snip>
> > Roger
> ><snip>
> What a pain in the ass thing to say! We're not smarter, just angrier and
> more insecure. I'm sure we are all glad you enjoy our company! Lugnuts are
> trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient,
> cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. And If you don't think so
> join another paramilitary organization. Mark Rabiner

Mark, take a bit more time in what you quote. It's difficult above
to understand to whom you're responding. If it is me, then you're
putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about Leica-Users List
subscribers being angry or insecure. I didn't even remotely imply
such. Strictly your inference, old boy, and that smacks of anger
and insecurity.

*Another* paramilitary organization? There, you are clearly
implying that this is one. I think not!

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org