Subject: [Leica] Re: A Challenge
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:53:01 -0700

On 5 Aug 99, Christer Almqvist wrote, at least in part:

> Isn't this a Leica User Group? That is different from a Leica Usage Group.

No, AAMOF this is the Leica-Users List! I differentiate because
news groups are open to all and have both the strengths and
weaknesses of total openness.

Lists are voluntary and we are here at the pleasure of the
listowner. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

More to your question, though, is that what we are is spelled out
in the welcome message sent to all upon subscription. It should be
reviewed periodically. I, like B.D., would wish for more topically
correct posts. Acknowledging that OT will happen, it behooves us
to get it over with ASAP and get on with Leica, or at least,
photography.

You want diversity and philosophy? There are many mailing lists
and newsgroups where that is their raison d'être.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

   Thought for the day: