Subject: [Leica] Re: A Challenge
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:44:03 -0700

On 4 Aug 99, Jim Brick wrote, at least in part:

> I predict that if such a "week" happened, it would be the slowest LUG week
> ever. Everyone would think that the LUG is broken.
>
> This off topic topic of discussing off topic topics is simple proof that
> human beings are well rounded should, not narrow minded, and all of the
> inner and outer workings of photography encompasses virtually everything.
> Including this "challenging" off topic topic.
>
> I like the LUG because the overall level of intelligence seems to be a
> notch above other lists. And when this type of folks talk, well,
> everything comes out because it IS relevant.

I like the Leica-Users List also, but not because of the intelligence
level which I, frankly, think is no higher than other lists, merely
more voluble!

Folk interested in niche products tend to talk at greater length
about them than those interested in the garden variety items.
Besides, most C----, N---- and M------ users are out
photographing and not trying to convince the world of the
legitimacy of their pets.

That said, I like Leica for reasons that are meaningful to me,
therefore, I like talk about Leica. And, hanging out with kindred
spirits is more pleasant than not. Wir sind landsman, nicht wahr?

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    He, who will not reason, is a bigot;
    he, who cannot, is a fool;
    and he, who dares not, is a slave.
          -- William Drumond, Scottish writer (1585-1649)