Subject: Re: [Leica] X-ray Film Question
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 23:48:16 -0400

At 02:54 PM 8/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Regarding all the posts about airport checking, etc., shipping via FedEx or
>UPS would seem to be an option for anyone not wanting to risk their
>images. . .question is, are the FedEx, etc. packages subjected to similar
>X-rays?

FedEX refuses to say whether their packages are submitted to x-ray (for
security reasons), but they will say that it is highly unlikely that
packages will be x-rayed.  The only problem is that it is very
expensive.  I sent a small box of film to Honduras as a test.  It got there
fine with no damage but cost over $100 for next week delivery!  FedEx and
UPS do not go all of the places I do.  I wish there was an easier
way.  This time I carried twice as much film as I thought I would need and
left half of it in a refrigerator in Honduras.  Now I just have to hope
that it's still there when I return and that the electricity has not been
off for extended periods of time!

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley