Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-ray Test
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:08:31 -0400

At 11:24 AM 8/4/99 -0700, you wrote:

>We had been told here in the past that with those bags those airport
>people just
>crank up the machine until the machine can see through the bag. But your
>experience seems to negate that!
>Mark Rabiner

Right, Mark.  For checked baggage it is possible to crank up the power, but
with the carry-on machines it is not.  The inspectors can adjust their
computer screens to try to see more clearly, but they cannot turn up the
power.  Sometimes they will try to send the bag back through again if they
can't see through it the first time.  Then I tell them why they can't see
through the lead-lined bags and they inspect by hand.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley
http://www.tinamanley.com