Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport X-ray Test
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:43:28 -0400

At 09:10 PM 8/3/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I was also told that I should be prepared the next time for the film to go
>through their machines or not get on the plane!
>
>So how would you handle this kind of situation when you say,<<<<<>I won't
>let my film (either exposed or unexposed) go through the X-ray machines.
>
>Maybe do what I did, "cry a lot!" :)
>
>ted

Hi, Ted -

I keep several lead-lined bags in my carry-on bag to use when the people in
charge absolutely refuse to hand-check my film.  I put the film in the
lead-lined bags, it goes through the machine safely, the person at the
computer can't see through the lead-lined bag, so they ask me to open the
bags so they can hand-check the film - exactly what I wanted in the first
place!  I have the cloth-covered bags which will hold about 60 rolls of
film and they work great.  Hope this helps!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley
http://www.tinamanley.com