Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to digital
From: Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:18:58 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> While in your moldy darkroom why not pretend you're really doing Photoshop but
> with an increadible virtual reality retro interface!
> "Wow! Smell that Hypo!"
> "Almost hit my head on the Safelight!!!"
>
> Possibly because of the way the thread is phrased, but I came out for real dark
> darkrooms late last night (snipped)

I'm still working my way through 10 rolls of HP5 negs shot with M's of a musical stage
production.  The show director is getting fiber base 8x10's of the 20 best images and
I'm making RC 5x7's to give out to some of the cast members.  After that, I'm working on
B&W landscapes, fiber base, selenium toned.I have made a modest incursion into the
digital world enough for some web  publishing and I may fool with some color work for
fun output to an Epson 700 to make small prints to display.  For longevity and the
"look" I'm still into the smelly chemicals and traditional prints.  And will be for the
forseeable future.

Mike Gardner