Subject: Re: [Leica] what the heck kind of leica is this?!
From: Michael Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 13:30:36 -0400

Bryan Caldwell wrote:

> Kyle,
>
> You do have a Leica M6. (snipped)
>
> I would be concerned about the fact that the serial number was milled off.
> As has been discussed here before, this is a strong indication that this
> camera was stolen at one time.

Maybe someone already stated this, but I guess by now I would have been on the
phone to Leica in New Jersey (this was a US sale/dealer?... I've lost track) and
have asked their advice.  We've heard a lot of well-meaning but speculative
advice but why not go to headquarters with the story?  Personally, I would never
purchase a camera or other serial numbered item from which the serial number had
been removed ...regardless of the story presented to me.  Doesn't seem worth the
potential hassle.Regards,
Mike Gardner